Regional Housing Coordinators
Where Can Pennsylvania Agencies That Serve People With Disabilities Turn for Housing Technical Assistance?
The Regional Housing Coordinator Program (RHC Program) is unique to Pennsylvania and was designed to work at a macro level to assist housing and service provider staff. The RHC program works at the community and systems level. The RHC Program does not work with individuals or at the micro level.
There are eleven Regional Housing Coordinators (RHCs) based locally throughout the Commonwealth providing a variety of technical assistance and resources. RHCs provide technical assistance to public and private housing providers to navigate and better understand social service systems. In conjunction with housing provider efforts RHC’s also work directly with social service entities including not for profits, local Area Agencies on Aging, disability organizations like Centers for Independent Living, and numerous others to help them understand and identify the housing needs of their consumers/clients and bring those needs to housing providers. RHCs also work both sides of the coin (housing systems-social service agencies) to ensure better information flow and cooperation between systems.. RHCs also provide support to caseworkers, nursing home transition providers, and others that deliver services to older adults and people with disabilities to improve their understanding of housing systems.
You can find your Regional Housing Coordinator by clicking HERE.
A Regional Housing Coordinator:
- Serves as a single point of contact for both housing providers and social service agencies regarding resources and information related to housing and services for people with disabilities.
- Provides technical assistance to community systems to identify and expand housing options for people with disabilities and older adults.
- Conducts outreach and develops relationships with groups and agencies that have contact with people with disabilities and older adults.
- RHCs can assist providers by facilitating the Prepared Renter Program (PREP) in a train the trainer format.
- Works to decrease silos by supporting cross systems collaboration.
For More Information on the RHC Program Please Contact:
Statewide Housing Coordinator
Office: 610-873-9595 Toll-free: 877-550-7347